Monday, April 27, 2009

What a weekend!

The fun started Friday afternoon when Mommy took me to the doctor for my 9-month checkup. I weigh 18 lbs., 5 ounces (which puts me in the 50th percentile for little girl babies my age), am 24" long (70th percentile), and my head circumference is 44-3/4 cm (70th percentile). The doctor pronounced me, "great!" This is true. The nurse only gave me one shot this time, and I didn't even whimper!

The doctor suggested Mommy and Daddy start letting me feed myself, so Friday night, I was presented with a tray full of rice, cut-up green beans and pieces of flaked tilapia. Some of it made it into my mouth, some made it onto the floor, and most of it ended up in my hair. Check it out!


On to Saturday. Daddy was very busy installing a baby gate at the top of the basement stairs, and shortening all the cords on all the window blinds. It was a beautiful day, so he and Mommy moved the porch furniture outside. I crawled all over the front porch and got frightfully dirty. It was so much fun!

Sunday was just as glorious, and the three of us walked down the hill to Barry Park (actually, I hung out in a stroller). I sat in a swing for the first time, and rode a mighty steed. What an awesome weekend!




No comments: